Law of Karma - A Fool's Logic



Ancient Hindu religion proclaims the law of karma; we reap in this life the fruit of the actions of our past life. I read this line the book Learn to Live, Vol. 2 by a Swami Jagadatmananda which is translated by Dr. N. Thirumaleshwar Bhat.

Karma is a psychological law and acts primarily in the psychological realm, the physical circumstances being merely the means whereby the psychological purpose is fulfilled. What the entity is today is the result of what is has been in days and experiences ages and eons past. For life is continuous and weather it is manifested in materiality or in other realms of consciousness. It is necessary for its enforcement. Edgar Cayce.

I myself grew up under Hindu philosophical believe, which strongly believes in law of karma than other religious groups. Karma law nail hammers in your mind, your sufferings, success, failure, your present condition [good or bad], your relationship with people around you depends entirely on your previous life results. Ever since I was so young; I have been hearing it all. My young mind soaked up the karma concepts like a blotting paper. Hindu philosophy also tells you everything is predetermined and nothing can be changed or hoped for. Having been raised in Bal Mandir which is an orphanage; do I have to tell you how much I abhorred this philosophy, which tells me why I am in this condition and denies me all the good things in life; especially money, success and everything that comes with it.  

As I grew more, I become an avid reader; who was in search of why of perplexing questions in life. Then, I found some really good books that do have power to shape our minds at any age which also offers some answer to our perplexing questions and what we should do about it. Needless to tell you, I started reading these books again and again, especially by world famous religious leaders from both side of the world. I mean Christian as well as Hindu, also those who are not religious not even remotely interested in God yet they are hugely successful in life. Then it started making sense to me, some may say it that was the eye opening moment in my life. One of the best part of the study was gaining some intrinsic knowledge which I learned only after reading those who were not Hindu nor they were religious but yet advocating prosperity, success and money in life. Reading books like Rich Dad Poor Dad, Think and Grow rich, A Brief History of Time, Magic of Big Thinking, The power of Positive Thinking and The Fourth Dimension drastically changed my whole thinking after that, no need to tell you those books acted like a thought cleanser for me. 

How I wish, I had read these books long time back, when I was still a teenager; because just because I know, things do not change dramatically around me nor I will be able to change things drastically; just because I now have understood and gained confidence. It really takes time to choose one for us, especially the one that will prove to be good in long run of life. We as an average people do get lost when we hear 'respected people' or 'so called expert' in the subject matter. There are times we as an adult have to choose one like whom to believe a Pastor like Dr Norman Vincent Peale from the west or a Swami from the east. It is up to us to choose one from Yogananda or Dr Yonggi Cho. It is up to us to choose, one from two viewpoints, as both sides do have valid reasons to say or believe what they say. Both have a lifetime of experience to say or preach what they believe. There comes a time in our life, we just pick one and move on rather than get lost in what we could not understand or that make any sense to us.  

It sure will not be easy to choose one, especially when you see you are the only one who is siding the other side of the tide. I may be minority in this society but this is a right of all to hope for better life and to work for it. It is also our right to understand, why should I be deprived of all the good things in life ? Why some get it and why some do not !   

Why leave everything in the hand of Karma, when we have human brains to solve the problems. Let me quote Pastor Norman Vincent Peale here; it's from his very famous book the power of positive thinking. "Its pity that people should let themselves be defeated by problems, cares and difficulties of human existence and it is also quite unnecessary. In saying this, I certainly do not ignore or minimize the hardships and tragedies of the world, but neither do I allow them to dominate." Here in another line without terming it Karma he is talking about strongly against the law of karma, "you can permit obstacles to control your mind to the point where they are uppermost and this becomes the dominating factors in your thought pattern."  

If you read this book you will know that he believes in life after death, deathless life and infinite life. Yet he did not believe that karma should be blamed or given credits for all your good work or effort you put or should put in life. He is one of the most respected religious leaders of the past century and if you read his book The Power of Positive Thinking, you will understand why he is so respected around the world; not just in the Christians diasporas but outside of the circle also.  

A fool do not know nor want to know that law of Karma is retirement from even trying to understand true human potential and power of our brain. It's also lazy mind saying rather than trying to understand real answer that troubles us. It's a viewpoint of those who do not see the world with 360 degree but super confidence with 180 degree view of the subject matter. Law of karma do not tell us the story of those who got it without caring what was buried in the past but tries of offer you vague answer of question that bugs us in life. Did you read in Edgar Casey saying Karma is 'psychological realm?' No doubt, there will be people who will believe him and some will go on with Pastor[s] who leaves you with a thought to ponder over, why allow obstacles dominate your thought ?


No comments:

Post a Comment